Anacostia AO-94 - Histoire

Anacostia AO-94 - Histoire


We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

Anacostie

II

(AO-94 : dp. 22 380 ; 1. 523'6" ; né. 68' ; dr. 30'10" ; s. 15,1 k. ;
cpl. 255 ; a 1 5"; cl. Escambia; T. T2-SE-A2)

La mission Alamo a été établie en vertu d'un contrat de la Commission maritime (coque MC 1829) le 16 juillet 1944 à Sausalito, en Californie, par la Marinship Corp.; rebaptisé Anacostia (AO-94) le 24 juillet 1944; lancé le 24 septembre 1944; s parrainé par Mme Henry F. Bruns, épouse du contre-amiral Tuns ; et acquis par la Marine et mis en service le 25 février 1945, le Lt. Comdr. Thomas H. Hoffmann aux commandes.

Après une dernière période d'armement, le pétrolier a quitté la baie de San Francisco le 23 mars 1945 et s'est rendu à San Die go, en Californie, où il a suivi trois semaines d'entraînement intensif au shakedown. Anacostia a quitté la côte ouest le 27 avril et a mis le cap sur Hawaï. Elle a atteint Pearl Harbor le 3 mai et s'est présentée pour le devoir au Service Squadron 8, Service Force, Pacific Fleet. Deux jours plus tard, le navire a quitté les eaux hawaïennes et a navigué vers les îles Caroline.

À son arrivée à Ulithi le 16 mai, Anacostia a rejoint le Groupe de Tâche (TG) 50.8 et a procédé avec ce groupe à Okinawa. Au début de juin, le pétrolier est arrivé dans une zone de ravitaillement désignée au large d'Okinawa et a reconstitué les soutes de divers navires. Après avoir terminé cette tâche, elle a navigué à Saipan pour prendre une cargaison d'essence à répartir entre les forces là-bas à Okinawa. En août et septembre, Anacostia a effectué deux autres allers-retours entre Ulithi et Okinawa, prenant du carburant dans l'ancien port et le déchargeant dans le second.

Au moment de la capitulation japonaise le 15 août, Anacostia était au port d'Ulithi. Elle a déménagé à Okinawa six jours plus tard et y est restée jusqu'au 25 octobre. Le pétrolier a ensuite navigué vers les îles d'origine japonaises et a touché à Kanoya le 30. Elle a également visité le port japonais de Kagoshima Kyushu. À chaque point, elle a agi en tant que ravitailleur de station sur les bases aériennes de l'armée.

Anacostia est devenu en route pour les Philippines au début de décembre et est arrivé à Manille peu de temps après. Elle a opéré dans les eaux philippines depuis environ deux mois avant de commencer un autre voyage à Okinawa le 2 février 1946. De cette île, elle a navigué pour Pearl Harbor et a atteint les eaux hawaïennes le 7 mars. Le lendemain, il leva l'ancre et se dirigea vers la côte du golfe via le canal de Panama. Elle a transité le canal fin mars et est arrivée à la Nouvelle-Orléans, Louisiane, le 29 mars.

Anacostia a déménagé à Mobile, en Alabama, le 30 et a commencé les préparatifs d'inactivation là-bas. Elle a été désarmée à Mobile le 16 avril 1946 et a été transférée par la Commission Maritime le même jour. Son nom a été rayé de la liste de la Marine le 8 mai 1946.

e navire a été racheté le 28 février 1948 par le United States Naval Transport Service. Au cours des deux années suivantes, Anacostia a opéré le long de la côte est des États-Unis ; a fait de nombreux voyages à travers le canal de Suez à Ras Tanura, en Arabie saoudite et à Bahreïn pour prendre du pétrole; visité des ports en Angleterre et dans le nord de l'Allemagne ; effectué plusieurs voyages à Aruba pour faire le plein de pétrole ; et des escales payantes vers les ports japonais de Yokohama, Yokosuka et Sasebo.

Il a été affecté au service de transport maritime militaire (MSTS) le 18 juillet 1950 et signalé à Tankers Co. Inc., pour exploitation dans le cadre d'un contrat MSTS, a été redésigné T-AO-94, et a été exécuté comme un navire non commissionné piloté par un équipage de la fonction publique.

Au cours des sept années suivantes, Anacostia a continué son service en tant que pétrolier. Elle a fait de fréquents voyages dans les ports le long de la côte du golfe du Texas ainsi que dans les ports du golfe Persique de Ras Tanura, en Arabie saoudite et à Bahreïn pour prendre du pétrole. Ses cargaisons ont ensuite été livrées à des installations dans des ports au Japon, en Angleterre, aux Pays-Bas et en Allemagne. Le pétrolier est resté actif jusqu'en décembre 1957, date à laquelle il s'est rendu à Norfolk, en Virginie. Son nom a été rayé de la liste de la Marine le 17 décembre 1957.

Anacostia a obtenu une étoile de bataille pour son service pendant la Seconde Guerre mondiale.


Histoire

Fondé sous le nom de Anacostia Neighbourhood Museum et ouvert en 1967, le Anacostia Community Museum a été envisagé par S. Dillon Ripley, alors secrétaire de la Smithsonian Institution, comme un effort de sensibilisation du Smithsonian à la communauté afro-américaine locale. John Kinard, un militant communautaire local et ministre, a été nommé directeur fondateur et a utilisé ses compétences en matière d'engagement communautaire, d'organisation et de sensibilisation pour façonner la pratique et l'orientation du musée. À la suite de l'exposition inaugurale, qui était un mélange éclectique d'art et d'artefacts d'autres musées du Smithsonian, les résidents locaux et les membres du conseil consultatif du musée ont exprimé le souhait d'avoir un musée correspondant à leurs expériences et à leur histoire. Par conséquent, une liste d'expositions et de programmes publics axés sur l'histoire afro-américaine, les problèmes communautaires, l'histoire locale et les arts a été développée. Le changement a été illustré par des projets d'exposition tels que le Frederick Douglass Years, Lorton Reformatory: Beyond Time, The Rat: Man's Invited Affliction, L'histoire d'Anacostia, et la collection Barnett-Aden. Une programmation éducative axée sur l'apport d'un large éventail d'expériences artistiques et culturelles aux écoliers locaux et à un public adulte. Le musée a noué des liens étroits avec les enseignants des écoles locales pour s'engager avec le musée dans l'élaboration du programme. De plus, le musée a créé une salle pratique pour les enfants et a convoqué un conseil consultatif des jeunes. Ce travail a établi le musée comme un modèle pour les musées communautaires et une force principale dans le mouvement muséal afro-américain.

À partir des années 1980, le programme d'exposition s'est tourné vers des thèmes nationaux plus larges de l'histoire et de la culture afro-américaines en mettant l'accent sur la préservation de cette histoire. Dirigé par le réalisateur John Kinard, ce travail a également servi de plate-forme à ses efforts majeurs pour défendre le mouvement naissant des musées afro-américains. Projets d'exposition inclus La Renaissance : arts noirs des années vingt, Real McCoy : invention et innovation afro-américaines, et Escalade de l'échelle Jacobs : la montée des églises noires dans les villes d'Amérique de l'Est, 1740-1877. Le musée a établi un programme continu axé sur les archives de l'église, ainsi qu'une série de programmes éducatifs sur la préservation de l'histoire familiale. Ces efforts comprenaient une journée de collecte qui a réuni des centaines de citoyens locaux et leurs objets de famille, œuvres d'art et objets de collection vintage ainsi que des spécialistes de la conservation et du contenu.

L'exposition Parlez à mon cœur : communautés de foi et vie afro-américaine contemporaine était la première d'une série d'expositions présentées par le musée dans les galeries Smithsonian du National Mall. Cet effort a été suivi d'une série d'expositions itinérantes mettant en vedette des artistes et créateurs afro-américains. Les programmes publics mettaient en vedette des personnalités nationales, telles qu'André Leon Talley et Camille Cosby, et des événements spéciaux à grande échelle, notamment un bal masqué du carnaval et le carnaval des enfants de la capitale. Le nom du musée a été modifié en Anacostia Museum and Center for African American History and Culture pour inclure ces efforts.

En 1994, le musée développe le projet de documentation et d'exposition intitulé Black Mosaic : communauté, race et ethnicité parmi les immigrants noirs à Washington. Cette exposition révolutionnaire, qui célèbre son 20e anniversaire en 2014, a révélé la transformation des communautés à Washington, DC, impactées par la nouvelle immigration dans la ville. À partir de ce projet, la programmation éducative s'est développée pour servir un public plus large et a favorisé une programmation musicale unique telle que Africa Fête, Musica Latina et le projet d'exposition et de programme Au-delà du rythme reggae.

En 1999, le musée a officialisé son engagement envers les écoliers locaux en créant la Museum Academy, un programme qui continue d'offrir une programmation parascolaire et estivale, utilisant un programme basé sur le musée, pour 40 enfants des quartiers 7 et 8 de Washington.

Renouant avec les premiers travaux axés sur les problèmes communautaires et l'histoire locale, des projets récents ont inclus de la documentation, des expositions et des programmes publics axés sur les arts et la créativité communautaires l'impact des groupes scolaires dans le district de Columbia le développement des quartiers de Washington, DC à l'est de la rivière Anacostia et une initiative pluriannuelle documentant l'action citoyenne pour récupérer les cours d'eau urbains, en particulier la rivière Anacostia. La plupart de ces projets comprennent un engagement communautaire approfondi, une documentation photographique, des efforts de collecte et une documentation exhaustive sur l'histoire orale. Une grande partie de ce travail relève de l'Initiative de documentation communautaire du musée. En 2006, le nom du musée a été changé pour Anacostia Community Museum, reflétant un engagement renouvelé à examiner les questions d'impact sur les communautés urbaines contemporaines.

Tout au long de son histoire riche de plus de 50 ans, le musée est resté pertinent, développant des projets de documentation, des expositions et des programmes qui parlent des préoccupations, des problèmes et des triomphes des communautés et qui racontent les histoires extraordinaires des gens ordinaires.


Alors, par où avons-nous commencé ?

Ce marqueur historique du Texas indique un enregistrement officiel de la fondation de la première congrégation de l'Église du Christ dans le comté de Hill. C'est sur le terrain de ce qui est maintenant l'église baptiste de Prairie Valley et le cimetière en face de celle-ci.

Tout a commencé quand…

La première église du Christ dans la région du comté de Hill au Texas a été fondée en 1857 par un groupe de colons de la région de Prairie Valley. Les premiers enregistrements sont rares, mais les premiers membres enregistrés de l'église étaient W.J. Rape et sa femme, qui ont déménagé dans la région autour de Whitney en 1898. Will Nuckols et sa famille s'installeront dans la région peu de temps après. L'église s'est réunie dans un bâtiment scolaire d'une seule pièce et les premiers documents indiquent que M. Rape a dirigé les premiers services ainsi que le chant. Il est également indiqué qu'un enseignant local nommé P.J. Sherman était le premier secrétaire de l'église et enseignant de la Bible.

Cette photographie, prise avant 1968, est l'une des rares photographies restantes du bâtiment qui se trouvait sur le terrain avant celui qui se trouve aujourd'hui. Ce bâtiment serait démantelé et transporté hors de la ville sur des remorques vers un champ à l'extérieur de la ville.

En 1903, l'église a acheté le bâtiment et la propriété de l'église presbytérienne de la ville de Whitney et a déménagé l'église là-bas, où elle se trouve encore aujourd'hui. Le bâtiment de Prairie Valley a été vendu à la Missionary Baptist Church et l'emplacement physique est maintenant devenu la Prairie Valley Baptist Church. L'histoire de la naissance de ce mouvement est une lecture fascinante.

Et l'examen des documents judiciaires et des actes déposés de 1879 à 1910 indique que la propriété était sous une sorte de privilège en raison d'une action en justice déposée par la Texas Central Railway Company. Une maison a été construite sur le terrain, et un privilège pour les matériaux a été pris en 1880 et l'affaire a été jugée pour la somme de 279 $. Le lot a été vendu à l'église pour satisfaire le privilège. La maison sur la propriété sera finalement démolie et remplacée par une structure beaucoup plus grande vers 1912. Au moment du dépôt en 1910, les anciens répertoriés étaient Sherman, Nuckols et un troisième homme nommé W.J. Roper.

La première contribution prise dans la nouvelle église de la ville de Whitney était de vingt dollars. L'église ne pouvait pas se permettre d'acheter du pain de communion à ce moment-là et les dames de l'église ont appris à faire leur propre pain. En 1918, Tom Weeks et sa famille ont déménagé dans la région et quatre ans plus tard, M. Weeks a obéi à l'Évangile et s'est fait baptiser, devenant finalement le chef de chant et un enseignant de la Bible en 1927.

Mariage de Margaret Curbo à Bert Brunett en 1968. Ce fut l'une des dernières cérémonies célébrées dans l'ancien « Towash Building ».

Selon un acte déposé au palais de justice du comté de Hill en 1946, une partie de la propriété actuelle a été vendue à l'église par la famille Harris, les signataires de la vente de la propriété étant P.J. Sherman et Tom Weeks. La partie la plus intéressante de cet achat semble indiquer que le témoin de l'acte en cours de signature était le Lt. Cdr Charles Loeb, USNR, l'officier exécutif du USS Anacostia (AO-94), un ravitailleur ravitailleur de l'US Navy alors que le navire était en mer, environ deux semaines après la reddition des forces japonaises !

Le bâtiment actuel après son achèvement. La photographie a probablement été prise en 1971.

En 1969, l'ancien bâtiment a été retiré de la propriété et emmené dans un endroit à l'extérieur de la ville où il est resté pendant des années. Un nouveau bâtiment a été planifié et la construction a commencé en 1969 et les travaux ont été achevés en 1970. L'un des bâtiments les plus modernes et les plus avancés de la ville à l'époque, la congrégation se réunissait dans la cafétéria de l'école primaire pendant que les travaux étaient en cours. Cette école primaire est maintenant le site de l'actuelle Whitney ISD Intermediate School.

Cette photographie, prise en 2002, est celle de Joe et Clona Blakeney. Joe a été ministre de la chaire de 1968 à 1984.

Joe Blakeney sera le premier ministre du nouveau bâtiment et y poursuivra son ministère jusqu'en 1984.

Peu de temps avant la construction du bâtiment actuellement utilisé aujourd'hui, l'église a embauché Joe Blakeney comme ministre de la chaire en 1968. Joe et sa femme, Clona, ​​ont déménagé ici du Texas Panhandle et il a commencé son ministère ici. Peu de temps après son arrivée, l'église a ouvert le camp chrétien d'Iron Springs sur les rives de la rivière Brazos. L'église a entièrement financé les opérations du camp pendant de nombreuses années, et en 1984, Joe est devenu le directeur à plein temps d'Iron Springs. Les portes du camp ont fermé en 1995, mais avant cela, il a répondu aux besoins de milliers de jeunes chrétiens de tout l'État du Texas. En 1984, l'église a employé Charles Horn comme ministre de chaire, qui est resté jusqu'en 1992.

La famille Martin, au début du ministère de Bruce à Whitney. De gauche à droite : Christina Martin, Bruce Martin, David Martin, l'épouse de Bruce Debbie Martin, l'ancien Bob Dollar tenant Emma Martin, Vannessa Martin et l'épouse de Bob Dollar, Merle.

En 1992, l'église a embauché un jeune pasteur nommé Bruce Martin de la région de Galveston. Le ministère de Bruce est toujours aussi fort aujourd'hui alors qu'il continue de servir le Seigneur en tant que ministre de chaire ici à Whitney. Peu de temps après son arrivée, l'église a commencé la prestation vestimentaire de longue date qui existe encore aujourd'hui. Pendant cette période également, des missions étrangères au Honduras, en Inde et en Thaïlande ont été lancées. L'ancienne bibliothèque à côté du bâtiment a été achetée par l'église. L'église a également commencé à aider l'école de prédication de Monterrey dans les années 90.

Un réaménagement et un remodelage majeurs de l'intérieur du sanctuaire ont commencé en 2018 et se sont achevés en un an. De nouveaux bancs, tapis et lambris ont été installés, mettant à jour la fonctionnalité du bâtiment. Une bibliothèque a également été ajoutée à cette époque.

L'église continue de faire de nouvelles avancées dans son ministère ici dans cette communauté au bord du lac, à la hauteur de son histoire en tant que congrégation dynamique et active du Royaume de Dieu.


Afficher l'historique de vos commandes Microsoft Store

Pour consulter les achats que vous avez effectués avec votre compte Microsoft, suivre les commandes et afficher les factures, connectez-vous à la page de l'historique des commandes sur le tableau de bord de votre compte Microsoft. Vous pouvez voir des informations sur les achats tels que les applications, les jeux et les abonnements tels que Microsoft 365 et Xbox Live. Assurez-vous de vous connecter avec le compte que vous avez utilisé pour effectuer l'achat.

Pour voir les commandes passées et les achats passés, utilisez le Spectacle et Commandé dans filtres.

Pour imprimer une commande ou sa facture fiscale, sélectionnez Détails de la commande > Imprimer / Facture fiscale.

Si vous avez une question sur vos commandes, sélectionnez Aide à la commande.

Besoin d'aide? Voici quelques choses que vous pouvez essayer si quelque chose ne va pas :

Assurez-vous que vous êtes connecté avec le compte Microsoft que vous avez utilisé pour effectuer l'achat. Si vous avez plusieurs comptes Microsoft, connectez-vous à chacun pour vérifier l'historique de vos commandes.

Pour modifier le mode de paiement d'un abonnement, changer de fréquence de facturation ou annuler, sélectionnez Services et abonnements. Pour obtenir de l'aide supplémentaire, consultez Modifier le mode de paiement d'un abonnement Microsoft.

Pour comprendre pourquoi vous ne pouvez pas télécharger un jeu, une application ou un autre logiciel, consultez Résoudre les problèmes avec les applications du Microsoft Store.

Pour savoir comment afficher vos commandes sur votre console Xbox One, consultez votre historique d'achats Xbox.


Histoire

Pendant des milliers d'années, avant que les explorateurs et les colons européens ne remontent l'Anacostia, les Amérindiens chassaient et cultivaient le long de ses rives et se régalaient de l'abondance de poissons et de fruits de mer qu'ils trouvaient dans la rivière. En 1608, lorsque le capitaine John Smith a navigué sur le Potomac et dans l'Anacostia, il s'est émerveillé de sa profondeur et de sa clarté. La tribu qu'il a trouvée vivant à l'embouchure de la rivière était constituée de commerçants et le nom qu'il a enregistré pour eux était "Nacotchtank", qui semble dérivé du mot autochtone pour "une ville de commerçants". Au fil des ans, ce nom a évolué pour devenir «Nacostine» et plus tard «Anacostine», nous donnant finalement les noms que nous utilisons aujourd'hui - «Anacostan» pour la tribu et «Anacostia» pour la rivière.

La vie est devenue dure pour les Anacostiens au 17ème siècle, leur emplacement était un choix pour le commerce, mais ils étaient aussi la première tribu à être attaquée par d'autres tribus autochtones du nord. Les colons ont apporté de nouvelles maladies, qui ont affligé les autochtones dans tout le Chesapeake, et des conflits qui leur ont également coûté la vie. Dans les années 1660, des temps difficiles ont poussé le chef anacostien à quitter sa propriété tribale, qui était située à l'emplacement actuel de la base conjointe Anacostia-Bolling. Cette terre et une grande partie du rivage en amont de l'Anacostia ont été défrichées pour l'agriculture par les colons. (Pour plus d'informations sur l'histoire autochtone locale, visitez DC Native History Project).

Au 18 e siècle, le port de Bladensburg servait de centre majeur pour la navigation coloniale. Comme la rivière avait 40 pieds de profondeur, elle pouvait accueillir des navires océaniques. La principale activité industrielle du XIXe siècle, notamment la construction navale au Washington Navy Yard et la gazéification du charbon plus en amont, a soutenu une économie dynamique, mais a également contribué à la destruction des zones humides et à la pollution que nous combattons encore aujourd'hui.

Le développement le long de la rivière a entraîné la destruction des forêts, des prairies et des zones humides qui constituent un bassin versant sain. À mesure que le ruissellement et les sédiments obstruaient la rivière et réduisaient sa profondeur, et que la population vivant près de la rivière augmentait, les inondations sont devenues un grave problème. Dans ce que nous reconnaissons maintenant comme des approches contre-productives, l'Army Corps of Engineers a construit une série de digues conçues pour contrôler les inondations, dégradant davantage les systèmes naturels de l'Anacostia.


Histoire & Culture

De nombreux événements ont fait du parc Anacostia l'endroit qu'il est aujourd'hui. Saviez-vous que lorsque vous marchez sur ce terrain, vous marchez là où les Amérindiens chassaient ? Les premiers explorateurs européens se demandaient ? Et où les droits civils ont-ils été acquis ? Apprenez des histoires individuelles en cliquant sur les icônes ci-dessous, ou faites défiler vers le bas pour afficher la chronologie complète du parc Anacostia.

1000-1600 : Les Nacotchtanks

1608 : Découverte européenne

1790 : Planification du Capitole national

1812 : La guerre de 1812

1861 : Fortifications de la guerre civile

1932 : L'armée bonus

Années 1900 : Développement du parc Anacostia

1000-1600 : Les Nacotchtanks

Bien avant l'arrivée des premiers explorateurs européens, une culture amérindienne dynamique s'est développée autour de l'abondance de poisson, de gibier et d'autres ressources naturelles dans la région de la rivière Anacostia pendant au moins 10 000 ans. Au 17 e siècle, les Indiens Nacotchtank étaient les principaux résidents le long de la rive est de l'Anacostia. Agriculteurs, cueilleurs, chasseurs et commerçants prospères, les Nacotchtanks vivaient à proximité de l'actuelle base aérienne de Bolling.

1608 : Découverte européenne

L'Anglais John Smith a exploré l'Anacostia, ou branche orientale du Potomac, en 1608. L'arrivée de Smith a annoncé à la fois la colonisation rapide des terres à l'est de la rivière Anacostia par les propriétaires anglais et le déclin rapide des Nacotchtanks. L'héritage des premiers habitants humains de la région se perpétue à ce jour à travers le nom "Anacostia" qui est une latinisation du nom algonquin "Nacotchtank".

1790 : Planification de la capitale nationale

En 1790, le président George Washington a choisi la zone de 10 milles carrés autour du confluent des rivières Potomac et Anacostia comme siège du nouveau gouvernement fédéral. Le site lui plaisait car Georgetown dans le Maryland et Alexandrie en Virginie, toutes deux établies dans les années 1750, étaient déjà des villes portuaires florissantes le long de la rivière Potomac. La rivière Anacostia offrait le potentiel de ports en eau profonde et était prête pour un développement portuaire important.

Washington a chargé le Français Pierre L'Enfant d'élaborer les plans de la nouvelle capitale. Le concept de L'Enfant pour la ville était basé sur des plans européens classiques, qui prévoyaient que les bâtiments publics soient situés sur des caractéristiques géographiques importantes, de grands boulevards qui rayonnaient vers l'extérieur et reliaient les bâtiments publics et les parcs, et de grands espaces publics qui servaient de cadres appropriés pour la bâtiment public. La conception architecturale et paysagère ambitieuse comprenait également un plan de rue détaillé qui s'étendait de la rivière Potomac à sa branche orientale, comme on appelait alors la rivière Anacostia. Le long de la branche est, des ports, des marchés et des sites industriels ont été envisagés.

1812 : Guerre de 1812

1861 : Fortifications de la guerre civile

Lorsque des combats ont éclaté entre les forces de l'Union et les forces confédérées en avril 1861, la capitale était vulnérable aux attaques des sympathisants pro-sudistes du Maryland et d'autres points. Un anneau de forts a été développé autour de la capitale et comprenait un vaste système de forts en terre qui s'étendait dans ce qui est aujourd'hui le district de Columbia, de Virginie et du Maryland. Les forts établis pour garder les approches orientales de la ville, Fort Greble (aujourd'hui Anacostia), Fort Carroll et Fort Mahan (situé juste au nord de Benning Road), étaient trois des plus grands avant-postes rudimentaires en terre situés à l'est de la rivière Anacostia.

1932 : L'armée bonus

Sous le choc des effets de la Grande Dépression, un groupe important d'anciens combattants de la Première Guerre mondiale a marché jusqu'à Washington, DC, au printemps 1932 pour exiger le paiement immédiat d'une prime de guerre. Près de 11 000 marcheurs ont établi un camp à Anacostia Flats (aujourd'hui Anacostia Park), où ils ont créé des baraquements à partir de boîtes en carton et de bouts de bois.

Après que le Congrès eut refusé de répondre aux demandes des Bonus Marchers, le président Herbert Hoover ordonna au général Douglas MacArthur de les expulser de force. La police et le personnel militaire, y compris une unité de chars dirigée par le major Dwight D. Eisenhower, ont attaqué les marcheurs le 28 juillet 1932, renversant et incendiant leurs abris. Ceux qui n'avaient pas été blessés dans la bataille sont rentrés chez eux sans le bonus recherché. En savoir plus sur Bonus Expeditionary Forces March sur Washington.

Années 1900 : Développement du parc Anacostia

La nomination de la Commission McMillan par le Congrès américain en 1901 a ouvert la voie au développement du parc Anacostia. Parmi ses recommandations, la Commission a demandé que les « appartements » d'Anacostia suivent le modèle des parcs Est et Ouest du Potomac – que les marécages soient « récupérés » et les nouvelles terres utilisées comme jardins et espaces de loisirs à usage public.

La remise en état de la rivière Anacostia ensablée et sa transformation en parc public était un plan ambitieux qui allait prendre plusieurs décennies. L'Anacostia River and Flats Act de 1914 appelait à « poursuivre la remise en état et le développement de la rivière Anacostia » et des plaines intertidales.

Pour accomplir cette tâche, l'US Army Corps of Engineers a construit une digue sur les rives de l'Anacostia, draguant le fond de la rivière et utilisé les sédiments pour remplir les zones humides derrière le mur. Les projets de construction de parcs et d'aménagement paysager se sont poursuivis tout au long des années 1920 et 1930, survivant à une série de dépassements de coûts, d'arrêts de travail et de revers. Cette « remise en état » a détruit un système de zones humides naturelles. Cependant, à l'époque, la valeur des zones humides n'était pas comprise et elles étaient généralement considérées comme des "marécages paludéens".

En 1933, les responsabilités de gestion et de surveillance du parc Anacostia ont été transférées au National Park Service.


Anacostia AO-94 - Histoire

Fort McHenry , à Baltimore, Maryland, est un fort en forme d'étoile surtout connu pour son rôle dans la guerre de 1812 lorsqu'il a défendu avec succès le port de Baltimore contre une attaque de la marine britannique dans la baie de Chesapeake. C'est lors de ce bombardement du fort que Francis Scott Key a été inspiré pour écrire " The Star-Spangled Banner ", le poème qui deviendra finalement l'hymne national des États-Unis inspiré par le colonel Caleb Cariton à Fort Meade dans le Dakota du Sud. . la chanson a été réglée sur l'air d'une chanson britannique "To Anacreon in Heaven". Voir les mots au bas de cette page.

La rivière Rappahannock est une rivière de l'est de la Virginie, longue d'environ 184 km. Il traverse toute la partie nord de l'État, des Blue Ridge Mountains à l'ouest à travers le Piémont jusqu'à la baie de Chesapeake au sud du Potomac. Le nom de la rivière vient d'un mot de la langue algonquienne lappihanne (également noté comme toppehannock), signifiant "rivière d'eau rapide et montante" ou "où la marée monte et descend". Ce nom a été tiré du nom qui lui a été donné par la population indigène locale la tribu Rappahannock

La rivière Rapidan est le plus grand affluent de la rivière Rappahannock dans le centre-nord de la Virginie.

Sur le rivage, vaguement aperçu à travers les brumes de l'abîme,
Où l'hôte hautain de l'ennemi repose dans un silence effrayant,
Qu'est-ce que la brise, sur l'imposant raide,
Comme il souffle par intermittence, à moitié dissimule, à moitié révèle ?
Maintenant, il attrape la lueur du premier rayon du matin,
En pleine gloire reflétée brille maintenant dans le ruisseau :
C'est la bannière étoilée ! Oh longtemps, qu'il s'agite
O'er la terre des libres et la maison des braves !

Et où est ce groupe qui a juré avec tant d'orgueil
Que les ravages de la guerre et la confusion de la bataille,
Une maison et un pays ne doivent plus nous quitter !
Leur sang a lavé la pollution de leurs pas immondes.
Aucun refuge ne pouvait sauver le mercenaire et l'esclave
De la terreur de la fuite, ou de l'obscurité de la tombe :
Et la bannière étoilée en triomphe doth vague
O'er la terre des libres et la maison des braves !

! ainsi soit-il toujours, quand les hommes libres se tiendront
Entre leur foyer aimé et la désolation de la guerre !
Heureux de victoire et de paix, que le ciel ait sauvé la terre
Louez la Puissance qui nous a fait et préservé une nation.
Alors vaincre nous devons, quand notre cause est juste,
Et voici notre devise : « En Dieu est notre confiance.
Et la bannière étoilée en triomphe agitera
O'er la terre des libres et la maison des braves !


Affecté au service de transport naval[modifier | modifier la source]

Le navire a été racheté le 28 février 1948 par le United States Naval Transport Service. Au cours des deux années suivantes, Anacostia exploitée le long de la côte est des États-Unis a effectué de nombreux voyages à travers le canal de Suez jusqu'à Ras Tanura, en Arabie saoudite et à Bahreïn pour prendre le pétrole dans les ports visités en Angleterre et dans le nord de l'Allemagne a effectué plusieurs voyages à Aruba pour charger du pétrole et des escales payantes vers les ports japonais de Yokohama, Yokosuka et Sasebo.


Une brève histoire d'Anacostia, son nom, son origine et ses progrès

Anacostia apparaît sur la plus ancienne carte du Capitaine John Smith, publiée en 1612, elle s'y appelle "Nacotchtank", le Capitaine Smith dans son "General Historic of Virginia'' nous dit que lui et ses douze compagnons dans leurs explorations autour de la baie de Chesapeake et de ses affluents, ont été bien accueillis par les Nacotchtank, qui étaient la plus septentrionale de ces tribus indiennes algonquines qui étaient entourées par les Iroquois et qui étaient connues sous le nom d'Indiens Powhatan.

À l'époque du capitaine Smith, le Nacotchtank était sur la voie de la guerre avec le « Patawomeke » sur l'actuel Potomac Creek, dans le comté de Stafford, en Virginie.

Vers l'année 1621, le pinasse Tiger avec vingt-six hommes fut envoyé de Jamestown, en Virginie, pour commercer du maïs avec les Indiens près de la tête de navigation sur la rivière Potomac. Ils ont été attaqués par le Nacotchtank et tous ont été tués ou faits prisonniers, parmi lesquels se trouvait un jeune homme, Henry Fleet. Restant en captivité environ cinq ans. Fleet apprit la langue parlée par tous les Indiens Powhatan et qu'il utilisa à grand avantage après avoir été racheté, tout en échangeant contre des peaux. Il a fait deux voyages pendant un an en remontant la rivière Potomac jusqu'à Nacotchtank.

L'un de ces voyages, effectué en 1632, il a décrit dans un ''Brief Journal of a voyage'', l'original de la description se trouve à la Lambeth Palace Library à Londres. Il a été publié, en partie de manière incorrecte, deux fois par E. D. Neil dans ''Founders of Maryland and Colonization of America'', puis par J. Thomas Scharf dans son "History of Maryland".

Un passage de ce journal est intéressant pour nous, car il fait référence au site actuel d'Anacostia. Au lieu de Nacotchtank, Fleet utilise la forme Nacostine mais dans les premiers comptes rendus des sessions de l'Assemblée et du Concile à Sainte-Marie, aussi dans les comptes rendus envoyés à Rome par les pères jésuites qui accompagnaient Léonard Calvert, et surtout par Andrew White, la forme avec le préfixe "A" est utilisée : Anacostines. (Anacostiens). Étymologiquement, cette forme est peut-être la plus correcte, bien que les Indiens eux-mêmes aient peut-être utilisé la forme sans le préfixe "A" car ils éliminaient souvent les préfixes et les suffixes de mots.

Anaquash (e) tan (i) k qui signifie une ville de commerçants.

Cette explication est très significative, pour l'actuelle Anacostia et ses environs : les villages de la Nacostine (s'étendant de Bennings sur la rivière Anacostia, de là le long de la rivière Potomac en dessous de Congress Heights jusqu'à Shepherd's Landing et jusqu'à Broad Creek Md., en face d'Alexandria, Virginie ), étaient avant l'arrivée des blancs, des postes de traite animés, qui étaient visités par les Iroquois de l'état actuel de New York.

Même après la fondation de la colonie du Maryland, Leonard Calvert, dans une lettre à un marchand anglais de Londres, mentionne trois endroits de la province les mieux adaptés aux postes de traite avec les Indiens. L'un des trois est Anacostan, à cause de la visite des Massameke, nom collectif des « Cinq Nations ».

Peu de temps après l'année 1668, des parties des tribus indiennes résidant au sud de la rivière Anacostia y ont été chassées. À peu près à cette époque, les Anacostiens s'installèrent sur l'actuelle île Anacostine qui apparaît sur la carte d'Augustine Herman, du Maryland (1670) sous le nom d'île Anacostine.

Par ce qui précède, on verra qu'il y a des années, avant même que la ville de Washington ne soit envisagée ou que son site soit connu des blancs, un petit village indien sur le bras oriental de la rivière Potomac, appelé Nachatank, était alors l'un des plus importants de plusieurs petits villages à l'embouchure de la rivière Piscataway.

En tant que bon poste de traite, Nachatank, ainsi nommé par la tribu d'Indiens qui s'y sont installés, en l'honneur de leur chef Nachatank, est devenu bien connu par la plupart des premiers navires de commerce européens et la grande abondance de gibier, le climat doux et le génie indigènes qui s'y trouvaient, ont fait de ce petit port un point de troc favori.

Father White, who accompanied Lord Baltimore on a visit describes the Nachatank Indians as a liberal and ingenuous disposition, with an acuteness of sight, smell and taste especially as to taste, possessing a great fondness for an article of food called pone and hominy.

These Indians were descendants of the great Powhatan tribes, who had crossed from the Northern part of Virginia to the Maryland side of the Potomac River.

Reports of this ideal spot on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac, with its mild climate, its wonderful forests, its wild game in great numbers and its great fame as a fishing ground, had spread not only to the neighboring Indian tribes but to the white settlers beyond.

But like many of the Indian tribes the Nachatanks were susceptible to the liquor which the white man had for barter, and first the game of their forests and streams and then their lands were given up to the white man for their indulgences, until they were finally pushed back to the settlements close to the Piscataway River.

Later the white settlers experienced trouble and annoyance from Nacotchtank, the Chief, who with a couple of his warriors would suddenly break in upon their peace and security, and having obtained sufficient fire-water would terrorize the villages by raids of plunder and deviltry.

Later it will be seen this village on the Eastern Branch of the Potomac became known and designated as Uniontown.

Second, The Indian settlement Nacotchtank became the white settlement Anacostia.

The prince of promoters of the Capital City, James Greenleaf, five years or so before the century turn, eighteen hundred, bought on the meanders of the Eastern Branch of the Potowmack, close by the Anacostia Fort. This fort, it can be presumed, was on the heights now within the bounds of Anacostia.

The Eastern Branch ferry connected with Upper Marlborough road where it crossed the Piscataway road which connected with Bladensburg. The ferry was at the foot of Kentucky Avenue and a bridge there was built in 1795 and known as the lower bridge in distinction to that more eastward known as the upper bridge. The Navy Yard created requirement and at the terminus of Eleventh Street was built, 1818, the Navy Yard bridge. That part of the Piscataway road east of the Navy Yard Bridge is the modern Minnesota Avenue. The thin settlement called Anacostia was along the river front near the bridges.

Dans le Daily National Intelligencer, February 8, 1849 is:

"A New Post Office is established at Anacostia, Washington County, D. C, and John Lloyd appointed Postmaster. The new office takes the place of 'Good Hope,' which was discontinued in consequence of the removal of the Postmaster."

On the authority of Mr. Simmons 1 it is stated that the post office designation so continued until 1865 when it was changed to Uniontown to be again Anacostia in 1869.

Right where the crossing of the Navy Yard Bridge on the Anacostia side was complete stood the tavern of Duvall to give the traveler invitation to good cheer. The tavern is there now or rather the shell of it. Not now, is as once was it, the proof of Dr. Samuel Johnson's Boswell-quoted remark: ''There is nothing which has yet been contrived by man by which so much happiness is produced as by a good tavern or inn."

George Simmons in "Roadside Sketches," The Evening Star, December 5, 1891, has:

"Forty years ago the site of Anacostia was farm lands and was owned by one Enoch Tucker. It formerly belonged to the William Marbury estate and was part of the 'Chichester' tract. There were 240 acres in the Tucker farm, a good part of which was cultivated for truck purposes. Mr. Tucker did not attend to the farm work himself, however, for he was employed as boss blacksmith in the navy yard. The farm was either leased or worked on the share plan. The Tucker farm house stood alone in the old days, and until recently, occupied the site of the present new Pyles block, on the west side of Monroe street, just south of Harrison street and the bridge. In 1854 John Fox and John W. VanHook and John Dobler bought the farm from Tucker for $19,000 and divided it into building lots." 2

The date of the conveyance from Tucker is June 5, 1854.

The advertisements give the rise, progress and con-summation of the promotion.
Daily Evening Star, June 10, 1854:

Notice to Union Town Lot Holders

Persons in arrears with their monthly dues, are required to pay up or their names will be left out of the drawing.

"Deeds in fee simple," "guaranteed clear of all and every encumbrance," will be given to Lot holders paying up in full at any time after the drawing on Monday Evening next.

Daily Evening Star, July 29, 1854:

Homes For All

The Union Land Association having sold and located by ballot the 350 Building Lots advertised during the last two months, are now prepared to sell the remaining 350 lots, "with the privilege of selection."

The subdivision, Uniontown, is recorded in the office of the Surveyor in book Levy Court, No. 2, pages A 83 and B 83, October 9, 1873. Uniontown was between the fork created by the Upper Marborough road and the Piscataway road. To the thoroughfare eastward, a part of the Marlborough road, was given the name Harrison Street and to the thoroughfare southward a part of the Piscataway road was given the name Monroe Street. The other streets of Uniontown likewise were named in honor of the Presidents.

The proximity of the Navy Yard to the bridge no doubt, gave the promoters the belief that many of the employees would take advantage of having a home, with country life adjunct, near their place of business. Uniontown is the first suburban subdivision and because of the river separation is not likely to lose its suburban identity. The Duvall subdivision is to the west of Monroe Street at the river. Other subdivisions fairly encompass the original subdivision.

Mr. Simmons says in the ''Roadside Sketches'':

John Fox and John W. VanHook were the real estate firm of Fox and VanHook for some years prior to 1863. That year it was a firm of commission merchants. In 1864, Mr. VanHook continued as a commission merchant and Mr. Fox became of the firm Fitch, Hine and Fox, attorneys and claim agents. Mr. Fox's business associates are the honorably remembered James E. Fitch and Lemon G. Hine. After 1865, Mr. Fox does not appear in the local directory.

John Welsh VanHook was born in Philadelphia in 1825. At an early age he moved to Baltimore. At Baltimore in conjunction with John Hopkins he did much in suburban development. In 1852 he moved to Washington.

Mr. VanHook was commended by President Lincoln and General Grant for having carried dispatches from Philadelphia to Washington via Baltimore at the time when the last named city was the hot bed of Confederate sympathizers.

He died, April 9, 1905, at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Middleton C. Smith, 1616 Nineteenth Street, N. W. Washington, D. C. He is interred in Congressional Cemetery. 4

The residence of Mr. VanHook, ''Cedar Hill,'' became that of Frederick Douglass, the preeminent of his race. Officially, in the District of Columbia, the only colored man to be U. S. Marshal and the first Recorder of Deeds. The property passed to the Frederick Douglass Memorial Association. '

Hiram Pitts who owned and occupied the property eastwardly, adjoining the VanHook mansion, was vigorous to the day of his death, which was in his ninety sixth year. Long he was employed in the U. S. Treasury.

Of Dr. Thomas Antisell in the History of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia is a biographical sketch in detail with two likenesses. He made a geo-logical reconnaissance of southern California and of the territory of Arizona on an expedition for the Pacific Railroad. For Japan he was technologist of a commission to develop the resources of the northern islands of that empire, and was decorated by the Mikado with, the Order of the Rising Sun of Meijis.'' But a review of his activities takes much type space. Dr. Antisell lived in Uniontown or its borders from 1866 to 1871.

Dr. Arthur Christie was an Englishman who inherited quite a large sum from relatives in England. He purchased fifty acres or so between Harrison Street and the Eastern Branch which he made his home and called it Fairlawn. It was patterned after an English estate with pretentious residence, a lodge, and landscape effect.

In every department of life's work, professional, mercantile or otherwise, honorably to be classified, Anacostia has its exponents. Passed away recently that is, October 14, 1919, did the Rev. Willard Goss Davenport. Without any diminution of practicality on account of it, Mr. Davenport had all the naturalness and goodness of Goldsmith's creation, the Vicar of Wakefield. Of his ministry, twenty eight years of it he consecrated to Anacostia. He was a native of Vermont and in a fiction of fact he, in a delightful work ''Blairlee," portrayed the character of the folks of the Green Mountain state.

When Mr. Fox, Mr. VanHook and Mr. Dobler were crossing the bridge on their way to view the prospective purchase for the prospective town they saw on the river's edge opposite the Navy Yard the mansion of George Washington Talburtt. It is there now except the parts knocked off. It is not so near the edge of the water for a wide area of unsightly land has been made by dredging and dumping in the work of reclamation. In the fifties as in the forties, the scene was the same. The streams from the highlands of Montgomery had united and were just beyond to pour their flood to make more majestic the Potomac. Du "Earth's tall sons, the cedar, oak, and pine" who to full stature had grown even before the days of Lewin Talburtt, the father of George W. were close to the mansion but closer than any other was a mighty chestnut. A little off was the cottage of the overseer (Woodruff) and in sight the quarters of those who did the tillage.

The mansion and its outlook was inspiring. It was a place to be appreciated and appropriate for the tarrying there of a man of wonderful thoughts and of brilliancy in expressing it, if one who could produce a tragedy like Brutus for Edmund Kean to impersonate, like Charles, the Second, for Charles Kemble to impersonate, like Virginius for John McCullough to impersonate for one, who in light vein could unite comedy or who could turn the source of delight to opera.

He who has George Washington Talburtt for his ancestor, not more than two generations in advance he, who strolls here, there and everywhere around these parts and then tells who and what he saw in the strolls in the most delightful way and gives more delight to the most people, he, it is, who told the writer: It is true John Howard Payne and George Washington Talburtt were intimate friends and in their mutuality ''were chummy and rummy." It is not yet forbidden to be chummy but the other exaltedly happy condition is a pleasure of the past, not to return without the country re-reforms.

Mr. Simmons in his ''Roadside Sketch" through and about Anacostia has this to say:

"The late George W. Talburtt, the then proprietor of the Talburtt estate was the friend and boon companion of Payne. Although there was a disparity in their ages, Payne being much the elder, there was something in their virtues that drew them toward each other. Perhaps it was the love of music, for which they were both noted. And then each was of a convivial turn, and each played and sang well. Both were bachelors when the famous song was written, and their companionship was almost inseparable. They would sit for hours together of a summer evening under the spreading branches of the old tree, singing and playing favorite airs, and it is a matter of neighborhood gossip that jolly old Bacchus looked on approvingly on those occasions."

This is an excerpt from an autographic letter reproduced in a biography:

The play which Payne sold to Charles Kemble for 30 lb was at the request of the latter, by the former converted into an opera. Payne adapted in a measure a melody heard sung by an Italian peasant girl, to his original words ''Home, Sweet Home.'' It was first sung by Ann Maria Tree in the Covent Garden Theatre, London, May 8, 1823. As often happens in the literary creations of the ages, not the author but his grantee gets the gold therefor. ''The lowly thatched cottage" if suggested by a reality, may have been the boyhood home at East Hampton, Long Island.

Not under the chestnut tree within the Talburtt domain and the purlieus of Anacostia was the immortal song created, yet it can be claimed, confidently, that under the canopy of chestnut boughs these jolly good fellows under the influence and inspiration of that which "maketh merry,'' blended harmoniously their voices in the acclaim: "There's no place like home."

Uniontown although without sidewalks, or street pavements, these being graveled, was becoming a thriving place. Many stores of all kinds having sprung up to accommodate the trade coming from lower down, in Maryland both by Harrison Street and Monroe Street.

Later on, Uniontown, District .of Columbia, having become confused so much with Uniontown, Pennsylvania, and causing so much confusion in business, it was decided to change its name to its original Anacostia.

Since the reorganization of the Anacostia Citizens Association in 1904 the following are some of the improvements that have resulted directly or indirectly from its influence and activities:

The building of a new and modern Police Station and the establishment of the Eleventh Precinct.

The purchase of ground and the erection of the Ketcham School House.

The laying of new street pavement on 14th Street from Good Hope Road to V Street.

The naming and improvement of Logan Park on Fourteenth Street.

Erection of flag pole and flying of flag in Logan Park.

The installation of granolithic sidewalks in several streets.

Regrading and improvements in U, V, and W Streets. Improvements in Thirteenth Street from Good Hope Road to Pleasant Street.

The Association was very active in getting legislation toward the reclamation of the Anacostia Flats.

Also in regard to the location of the causeway of the new bridge.

It has ever been very active and somewhat successful in getting improvements in the street railway service, and was active in getting legislation in connection with the Union Station Branch of the railway up First Street East.

It was active in getting through legislation for placing underground, the electric conduit of the railroad, and which it is hoped to soon see established through Anacostia.

It was instrumental in getting a new building for the Branch Post Office and in obtaining many improvements to the service here in the collection and delivery of mail.

It was successful in having placed gas lamps in many places throughout the locality.

In having Mount View Place and Shannon Place extended.

Labored earnestly for the extension of water mains, etc., which improvement is now underway.

Instrumental in the improvement to the railroad yard.

Its last success was in getting the express and baggage house-to-house delivery and collection, and the delivery of telegrams the same as on the other side of the river.

We are now working on the project of paving and grading Nichols Avenue, and the placing underground of the electric conduit of the street railroad which we expect to succeed in.

We have now all the conveniences the rest of the city affords, but will continue our efforts to make improvements wherever needed through Anacostia. We are only 30 minutes from the center of the city by street cars and 'are the best equipped of any of the outlying parts of Washington City.

All of the principal business places in the heart of the city deliver goods here, while there are here stores of all kinds which supply one with anything he may wish in merchandise and other household necessities.

1. George Simmons, The Evening Star, December 5, 1891.
2. Liber J. A. S., 78, f. 114. Land Records, D. C, 240 a. 5 r. 31 p.
3. See Topographical Map of the District of Columbia surveyed in the years 1856, '57, '58, '59 by A. Boschke.
4. The Washington Post, April 10, 1905.

Source: Records of the Columbia Historical Society, Washington DC, Committee on Publication and the Recording Secretary, Volume 7, Washington, Published b the Society, 1904.

This page was last updated Wednesday, 13-May-2015 18:01:23 EDT

Copyright August @2011 - 2021AHGP The American History and Genealogy Project.
Enjoy the work of our webmasters, provide a link, do not copy their work


Escambia-class oiler

The Escambia -class oilers were a class of twelve T2-SE-A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. They were very similar to the Suamico class, differing principally in having the more powerful turboelectric plant of the P2-SE2 transports which developed 10.000 shp.
All ships were decommissioned and transferred to military sea transport service in the postwar period. Several were later transferred to the U.S. army and turned into a floating generating stations, and has served in this role in Vietnam.

1. Ships. (Корабли)
USS Ocklawaha AO-84, 1943.
USS Mascoma AO-83, 1944.
USS Soubarissen AO-93, ex- Mission Santa Ana, converted to water supply ship.
USS Pasig AO-91, ex- Mission San Xavier, converted to AW-3.
USS Tomahawk AO-88, 1944.
USS Kennebago AO-81, 1943.
USS Ponaganset AO-86, 1944.
USS Pamanset AO-85, 1943.
USS Tamalpais AO-96, ex- Mission San Francisco, 1945.
USS Anacostia AO-94, ex- Mission Alamo, 1945.
USS Escambia AO-80, 1943.
USS Sebec AO-87, 1944.
USS Abatan AO-92, ex- Mission San Lorenzo, converted to AW-4.
USS Cahaba AO-82, ex- Lackawapen, 1944.
USS Caney AO-95, ex- Mission Los Angeles, 1945.

  • Florida Escambia County, Alabama Escambia class fleet oiler SS Escambia a steam ship registered in Liverpool USS Escambia Fusconaia escambia a mollusc
  • USS Escambia AO - 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War
  • Suamico class were a class of 25 United States Navy oilers during World War II. Built to the Maritime Commission T2 - SE - A1 Suamico class - A2 Escambia class
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Betriebsstofftransporter WALCHENSEE - Klasse 703 German
  • Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - Class Coastal Tankers Historical RFA
  • USS Tamalpais AO - 96 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Caney AO - 95 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Cahaba AO - 82 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Tamalpais AO - 96 placed in National Defense Reserve Fleet in
  • Type T2 - SE - A2 acquired by the United States Navy and converted to Escambia - class oiler USS Caney AO - 95 converted to water tanker in 1944 placed in National
  • USS Anacostia AO - 94 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Pamanset AO - 85 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Oklawaha AO - 84 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • USS Kennebago AO - 81 was an Escambia - class replenishment oiler serving in the United States Navy during World War II. Laid down on 9 January 1943, she
  • USS Soubarissen AO - 93 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler converted to a water tanker, named for a chief of the Neutral Indian Nations which, although
  • USS Sebec AO - 87 was a Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Tomahawk AO - 88 was an Escambia - class fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary
  • USS Mascoma AO - 83 was a Escambia - class replenishment oiler constructed for the United States Navy during World War II. She served her country in the
  • Naming section of the Navy Historical Center NavSource Online: Service Ship Photo AO - 143 United States Oiler History United States Oiler Naming History.
  • States Merchant Marine Academy United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Eddy - class coastal tanker 1953 of Royal Navy National Park
  • unincorporated community located on Santa Rosa Island, a barrier island, in Escambia County, Florida, United States. It is situated south of Pensacola and
  • Type C1 ship Type C2 ship Type C3 ship United States Navy oiler Escambia - class replenishment oiler Hayler and Keever, 2003: 14 - 2. UNCTAD 2006, p. 4. Huber
  • a brief respite but was at sea again on 10 September escorting the oiler Escambia AO - 80 to Okinawa before sailing for home on 1 October. After a brief
  • sections: the bow in early 2003 and the aft section in late 2003. Escambia - class replenishment oiler List of Type T2 Tanker names Liberty ship Type C1 ship Type
  • United States Navy Henry J. Kaiser - class oiler USS Abel P. Upshur DD - 193 was a United States Navy Clemson - class destroyer until World War II USS Garfield
  • USS Cohocton AO - 101 was lead ship of her class of fleet oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but
  • River, which forms the western boundary of Florida Escambia Bay and East Bay, fed by the Escambia River and Blackwater River, respectively Choctawhatchee
  • Poseidon. June 4 Tar balls arrive on beaches in Pensacola, Florida. However, Escambia County, Florida officials do not close the beaches. Mississippi has not
  • Osterhaus DE - 164 and Acree DE - 167 on 22 March to escort oilers Kankakee AO - 39 Escambia AO - 80 and Atascosa AO - 66 Whitehurst and Atascosa were
  • Escalante, Neshanic, Niobrara, Millicoma, Saranac, Cossatot, Cowanesque, Escambia Cahaba, Mascoma, Ocklawaha, Ponaganset, Sebec, Tomahawk, Anacostia 16

Cold Water Sank the TITANIC Disaster City.

PREP FOOTBALL AISA Class A Semifinal Chambers Academy 41, Lowndes 17 AISA Class AA Semifinal Escambia Academy 54, Clarke Prep 24 AISA Class. A place called wallace Escambia County Historical Society. AO - Fleet Oilers In addition to bunker fuel for ships, the Fleet Oilers carried gasoline for ships boats, aviation fuel, Escambia Class. USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island. Category:Escambia class oilers. media category. Dans plus de langues. Espanol. Aucune étiquette définie. categoria de media. Traditional Chinese. No label​.

Anacostia AO 94 Hist.

The same ship as a Navy Fleet Oiler carried a crew of 250 to 325. Skeleton deck carrying planes Allagash, T3 S2 A1 Ashtabula class, completed as AO 97 USN Allatoona, T2 SE A1 Escambia, T2 SE A2, AO 80 USN Escatawpa, T1 M A2,. Escambia county community development block Vendor Registry. 53 5011, Sailors and Marine Oilers, detail, 40, 42.9%, 0.214, 1.00, $17.82, $17.40, $36.190, 10.9%. 53 5021, Captains, Mates, and Pilots of. Category:Escambia class oilers data. Class Oiler Ship Cap AO MilitaryBest Custom Escambia. 0.35 cttw AFFY Round White Cubic Zirconia Mens Wedding Band Ring in 14k Gold Over Sterling Silver,​. Escambia Class Replenishment Oiler Models SD Model Makers. Cimarron class oiler Escambia class oiler Kennebec class oiler Mission Buenaventura class fleet oiler Patoka class oiler Suamico class oiler T2 tanker. Dd 828 uss timmerman gearing class destroyer ship military patch. College, FL and the School Board of Escambia County, FL Florida. during and after normal class hours through the effective use of the Colleges programs on Colleges SACSCOC polic on substantive change. requests to oIler specific.

The Santa Rosa press gazette ALL ISSUES CITATION SEARCH.

Was a Escambia class fleet oiler acquired by the U.S. Navy for use during World War II. She had the dangerous but necessary task of providing fuel to vessels in. Columbia College Mack Frost. Escambia and Santa Rosa counties each recorded two more COVID 19 deaths on Saturday, I really like our team: GCs Petree adds 8 newcomers to 3 returners with initial recruiting class Blackhawks stun Oilers 6 4 in series opener. Class Fuel Hauler Jobs, Employment. The Navys first fuel ships designed and built as oilers, rather than colliers, the Kanawha class Her name was given to one of the Escambia class, AO 91. Top 50 high school running backs of all time MaxPreps. The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers T2 tanker – The T2 tanker Hat Creek in August 1943 ○ The T2 tanker Pendleton bow in. Collective Bargaining Agreements U.S. Department of Labor. Of course, there was no problem of resupply of ammunition because the force All the ships were fueled here, and the oilers Trinity and Pecos refilled with oil were the Tappahannock, Neches, Suamico, Ashtabula, Kankakee, Escambia,.

USS Escambia AO 80 Military Fandom.

1 and Denver Classroom Teachers Association Addendum 1984 Escambia County District School Board and Escambia Education Support Oilers IBFO, Service Employees International Union SEIU, AFL CIO CLC, Local 1221 1998 ​. US NAVY USS Ocklawaha Ao 84 Escambia Class Replenishment. This was the first of a series of eight ESCAMBIA or 80 class fleet oilers. Shakedown cruise was held in the San Francisco San Pedro San Diego area.

AUb I ZU1f Florida Department of Education.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for. Tamalpais AO 96 Haze Gray & Underway. USS Caney AO 95 Escambia class replenishment oiler patch. Escambia class Oilers Allied Warships of WWII. The Class of 1945W as part of the Navys wartime ROTC program. He served in the South Pacific aboard the U.S.S Escambia, a Navy oiler,.

Barrancas National Cemetery Surnames Ko Lam Escambia.

The USS Escambia was the first of eight Escambia Class Fleet Oilers, commissioned by the Navy on 28 October 1943, supplying the Third Fleet. Unknown Carrier watches over an unknown oiler as it goes through. Pages in category Escambia class oilers. The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total. This list may not reflect recent changes learn more.

CAHABA AO 82 NavalCoverMuseum.

Chiwawa Class – June 1942. Kennebec Class Escambia Class – April 1943. USS Cimarron, first of the Navys many World War II era T3 S2 A1 type oilers. United States Armed Forces Kylar Fandom. Fleet Oiler Lineage. Hull No. Ship Name. Classer. Constructeur. Fiscal Year. Ordered Escambia. Escambia T2 SE A2. Marinship. FY43. 10 28 1943. AO 81. Escambia AO 80 Class Shipscribe. Our ship was a Fleet Tanker or Fleet Oiler, the first of its class, the USS Escambia length 523 feet 6 inches, beam 68 feet, draft 30 feet ten inches, speed 16 knots.

Port Orford Today! Vol. 14, 15 HOME z.com.

The Escambia class oilers were a class of twelve T2 SE A2 tankers that served in the United States Navy, built during World War II. The ships were named for United States rivers with Native American names. USS Nemasket AOG 10, Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker. Model. Starting from welders arc strike on deck of ship. The USS Ponaganset AO 86 was a T 2 tanker, a Escambia class Fleet Oiler, built at Marinship in Sausalito,. USS Cahaba AO 82 Academic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias. Escambia Class, U.S. Oilers. Photograph of fleet oiler Escambia Mare Island Shipyard 5595 43. Via Specifications:.

T2 tanker pedia WordDisk.

USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти. GUIDELINES FOR MARINE ARTIFICIAL REEF MATERIALS. Oct 18, 2016 USS Kennebago AO 81, Escambia class oiler. Near the Mare Island Navy Yard on 16 December 1943 soon after completion.

AO 80 USS Escambia Ibiblio.

Was a class of oil tanker constructed and produced in large quantities in the United States during World War II. Only the T3 tankers were larger navy oilers of​. Beans, Bullets, and Black Oil Naval History and Heritage Command. Type, Oiler. Displacement, 5782 BRT. Length, 523 feet. Complement, 267 men. Armament, 1 5 DP gun 4 3 AA guns 4x1 8 40mm AA 4x2 8 20mm AA 4x2. PPT WORLD WAR II ERA PowerPoint Presentation, free download. T2 SE A2 AO 80 Escambia AO 111 Mission Buenaventura AW 3 Pasig ​Freight Supply, the T 2 Tanker, and the later war Victory class ship, They were taken over by the US Navy in 1942, and completed as Navy oilers.

Escambia County, Florida.

AO: Fleet Oilers Hull Number, Name, Class, Type, Camouflage Design, Design Date, Paint AO 82, Cahaba, Escambia, T2 SE A2, 32 5AO, 2 29 44, 6 2 44. Escambia Class, U.S. Oile The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia. Patapsco Class Gasoline Tanker Model airplanes ships aircraft aviation. Custom limited Ask us to make any of the following Oiler or Tanker AO models for you! Fleet Oilers AO 80 Escambia AO 81 Kennebago. Escambia class oiler Visually. USS Escambia AO 80 was the lead ship of her subclass of the Suamico class of fleet oilers. Sports Alabama News. USS Cahaba AO 82 was an Escambia class replenishment oiler acquired by the United States Navy for use during World War II. She had the Следующая Войти Настройки Конфиденциальность Условия. BJT2tanker Total Navy. Emmitt Smith, Escambia Pensacola, Fla. Earned an AFL championship with the Houston Oilers and led the league in kickoff returns. High school: After leading his team to a Class 4A state championship and rushing for.

Raymond J. Kragness Papers Collection Guides.

Than the Liberty class for artificial reef construction. Initially The Liberty ship Joseph L. Meek, sunk off Escambia County, Florida in 1976 A few such examples have been a 160 foot yard oiler South Carolina sank upside. V A 7.pdf Escambia County School District. Class Escambia. Tamalpais AO 96 was laid The fleet oiler departed San Francisco on 7 June for shakedown training out of San Diego. On the 16th, she was. 100 years of Florida high school football: The 100 greatest players. Escambia County: Federal Labor Standards Provisions. Page 1. ESCAMBIA COUNTY 32.05. 9.20. OPERATOR: Oiler.$ 23.50. 9.20.


Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is comprised of the former Naval Support Facility Anacostia, the former Bolling Air Force Base and the Bellevue Housing Area.

It is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast D.C., situated between the Potomac and Anacostia rivers and Interstate 295, in the Anacostia and Congress Heights areas.

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools, during their time away from work.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) is a 1018 acre military installation, located in Southeast Washington, D.C., established on Oct. 1, 2010 in accordance with congressional legislation implementing the recommendations of the 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission.

The legislation ordered the consolidation of Naval Support Facility Anacostia (NSF) and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB), which were adjoining, but separate military installations, into a single joint base – one of 12 joint bases formed in the country as a result of the law.

Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB) history began with a 2005 Base Realignment and Closure Commission (BRAC) recommendation that resulted in congressional legislation ordering the consolidation of Naval Support Facility (NSF) Anacostia and Bolling Air Force Base (BAFB).

The joint base is one of 12 formed in the country, consolidating 26 installations.

With NSF and BAFB sharing a common boundary, military and congressional leaders recognized the opportunity to reduce duplication of efforts and facilities requirements better utilization of facilities and infrastructure and consolidation and optimization of existing and future service contract requirements, capable of generating financial savings.

Years of planning, followed by a gradual transition of installation management functions performed by civilian, military and contract personnel at culminated in the smooth transition of base operating support management under a single, Navy-led joint military command.

Since the BRAC legislation was enacted, Air Force and Navy planners, support personnel and leaders steadfastly worked to ensure a smooth transition to JBAB. The transition began with an initial operating capability on Jan. 31, 2010, when certain installation support functions began to transfer to the joint base construct and reached full operational capability on Oct. 1, 2010.

Provide Exceptional Mission Support and Base Services Through Pride, Teamwork, and Excellence.

Population Served

The installation is the center of Air Force and Navy ceremonial support, among other missions performed by the nearly 50 military and federal agencies on the installation. Its service to the country, active-duty, reserve, retired and visiting military, as well as personnel deployed around the world, is an important one.

Many of JBAB’s nearly 14,000 military and civilian personnel, also contribute countless hours performing community service and helping enrich the lives of adults and children in the surrounding neighborhoods, communities and schools during their time away from work.

Base Transportation

There is NO base shuttle bus service on Bolling, but there is a shuttle bus provided between Bolling and the Pentagon. Bus service departs the base weekdays every half hour with the first bus leaving Bolling at 8:00am, making 6 stops on base and arriving at the Pentagon 30 minutes later. The first bus departs the Pentagon at 8:40am for Bolling and every half hour thereafter until 16:10. This in NOT meant to be commuter transportation for those living on Bolling and working at the Pentagon.

Sponsorship

A sponsor is someone from your new unit who is assigned to assist you in settling into your new location. You must request a sponsor through your unit. You can learn more about the sponsorship program and how to apply through your Relocation Assistance Program or the Family Center at your new installation.

Your Service will appoint your sponsor in writing. He/she will be the same or close to your rank and the same marital status, if at all possible. This person will be knowledgeable about the local community and the installation available to assist you and your family for at least two weeks post arrival, and be someone who is positive and outgoing.

Sponsors’ responsibilities and abilities to be available will vary from installation to installation, depending upon the priority which the installation and unit commanders give to the program however, the Services are making the Sponsorship program a priority as research has shown the many benefits of good sponsorship to service, family members and youth.

Temporary Quarters

The Navy Lodge provides lodging for official and leisure travel for our U.S. Military families, coast guard, and DoD Civilians worldwide.
Located at 12 Bowline Green, S.W. Bldg 4412 Washington, D.C.
Newly renovated family size rooms – Pet friendly rooms – Breakfast to go – Wireless Internet access – Full size kitchenettes – Multilingual staff
For more information visit www.navy-lodge.com or call 202-563-6950/1-800628-9466.

Relocation Assistance

When it’s time to move, whether in CONUS or OCONUS, the Relocation Assistance Program can provide you with information to make your move a success. Individual and family counseling is available to provide you with up-to-date information on such concerns as childcare, schools, housing, employment and medical facilities at your new location. Ask the experts at our Smooth Move & Overseas Planning Seminar. Lending Locker gear is available for check out with such items as: dishes, pots and pans, silverware, toaster, iron, coffee pot, and air mattresses.

For more information regarding Relocation Assistance please contact:

MFSC Information and Referral Services
202-433-6151 or 202-767-0450

Critical Installation Information

Navy personnel should report to PSD. PSD provides pay, personnel, administrative, and passenger transportation services to over 450 units worldwide (including Presidential staffs, Secretary of the Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, 17 flag commands, and 120 Naval Attaches around the world). Support is also provided to more than 9,500 Active and 3,600 Reserve military personnel, including retired personnel, and their eligible family members in the Washington, DC metropolitan area.

Frequently Called Numbers on Base

11th Medical Group (Bolling Clinic) 202-767-5533 DSN: 297-5536

Bolling Area Home Educators (BAHE) 202-574-0229

Bolling Youth Center 202-767-4003 DSN: 297-4003

Child Development Center I (Bolling) (202) 767-2890 DSN: 297-2890

Dental Appointments (202) 767-5626/7/8/9 DSN: 297-5626

DiLorenzo Triservice Health Clinic (Pentagon) 703-692-8810

Family Child Care Program : (202) 404-1454 DSN: 754-1454

Lodging 202-404-7050 DSN: 754-7050

Pentagon – Housing Referral Office (USAF) 202-404-1840 DSN: 754-1840


Voir la vidéo: Visualizing Early Washington: A Digital Reconstruction of the Capital ca. 1814